Thursday, September 13, 2012

Perspective


"It's evident you run the show, so let me back down You take the leading role, 
and I'll play the background I know I miss my cues, know I forget my lines I'm 
sticking to your script, and I'm reading all your signs I don't need my name in 
lights, I don't need a starring role. Why gain the whole wide world, If I'm just
going lose my soul And my ways ain't pure if I don't live according to Your 
Word I can't endure this life without Your wisdom being heard So word, to every 
dancer for a pop star 'Cause we all play the background, but mine's a rockstar 
Yeah, so if you need me I'll be stage right Praying the whole world will start 
embracing stage fright So let me fall back, stop giving my suggestions 'Cause 
when I follow my obsessions, I end up confessing That I'm not that impressive, 
matter of fact I'm who I are, a trail of stardust leading to the superstar"




"The paparazzi flashes, and that they think that it's you, But they don't know that 
who you are is not what you do, True, we get it twisted when we peak at the charts, 
Yo before we part from the start, Where's your heart? You a pimp, hustler? Tell me 
what's your title, America has no more stars, now we call them idols, You sit idle, 
While we teach prosperity, The first thing to prosper should be inside of me. We're 
free... Not because of 22's on the range, But Christ came in range, we said yes now 
we changed, Not the same, even though I made a fall, Since I got that call, no more 
Saul, now I'm Paul. I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul.

Lord forgive us when we get consumed by the things of this world,
That fight for our love, and our passion,
As our eyes are open wide and on you.
Grant us the privilege of your world view
And may your kingdom be, what wakes us up, and lays us down."


Change your perspective,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment