Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Can we Just be Friends?


Forget the politics and selfish agendas
Forget the rumors and befriending only those who will add on to your empire
just stop and be a friend

Not just weighing the benefits and perks of the relationship
or some other personal selfish intention
but genuinely wanting to get to know the person
just be a friend

Call because you care about that person
Check up on them when you think about them
Invest time into that friendship
be a friend

Don't say your my friend if you're not.
Don't claim to be my friend to get something from me
Don't hang out with me just to fill your own selfish desires
Don't tell me you've always had a crush on me right when I start trusting you

Just be my friend.

Why cant we just be friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment